9 Jun 2012

A Saturday Afternoon.


Mrs Cutcopywrite is away at a festival this weekend so I decided not to mope around the flat for 2 days, and headed off to the Imperial War Museum.



Before I got there, I was wandering past a dance school, and noticed there was a free art exhibition on. So I looked at it, my attempts to understand it soundtracked by muffled thumping from the rehearsal rooms above.

I liked this one, entitled "Film Poster" (click to see full size and read it):



When I got into the IWM, there was a young toddler screaming. Later on, I was looking at a display on the Blitz and it was still screaming. At first it was annoying, but then it occurred to me that it was perhaps displaying the most appropriate response to the horrors and stories on display. More appropriate, certainly, than the 3 young men wandering through the Holocaust Exhibit, chatting about their favourite comedy programmes.

Having suffered the Holocaust, as it were, I decided to give the Crime Against Humanity film a miss, though I was intrigued by the warning at the entrance:



I'd like to think the disturbances are caused by distress, but I suspect that most are protests from those with a pathological blindness to the atrocities committed by their state of origin. Of course, it's the same mental myopia that means we have Holocaust Exhibitions in the first place.

And if that seems a sobering thought to end on, then fear not - I'm just about to watch some football, make a rich carbonara, and start on my second Corona.

No comments:

Post a Comment